Orion-EV 2.5M (#0042)
The latest development of small, light weight, powerful brushless motors made possible to create this light weight electro-glider. The Orion flying weight is approx. 1025 grams (~36 oz.) It feature SD7080 airfoil that was specially modified for this sailplane, the benefit of that are very wide speed range and excellent thermal abilities. The Orion wing also could be built as polyhedral wing if desired by the builder.
– Composite Fuselage pod made of few layers of fiber glass with glass roving and carbon fiber reinforcements for extra strength.
– Removable Canopy for rapid access to the radio and drive components.
– V-shaped wing saddle with molded in nuts for the wing mounting screws.
– Tapered tail boom made of carbon fiber/glass composite.
– 3-segments wing with removable wing tips for easy storage and transportation.
– Wing cores precision cut from white polystyrene foam, and the black poplar veneer bonded to the foam with aircraft industry grade epoxy in high pressure molds for perfect airfoil fidelity and a warp-free wing.
– light weight tail made from balsa with pre-hinged control surfaces.
Kit contains: model components, plans, glider name decal, step by step instructions, and all necessary hardware.
T-tail version is also available.
There’s a 3-8 day shipment delay for 2,5M+ models.
/?php global $post, $product; ?>/?php echo $product->